Monday, June 13, 2011

The Power of Love

I've had cause lately to think and reflect on the past. That in itself is interesting as my blog is 'Moving Forward'.

An old cliche, you can't know where you are going until you know where you have been. Well I know exactly where I've been and I know where I am, I am hoping that is going to help inform where I am headed.

But we never really know...

Take today for example, we were, in theory, getting up this morning, washing floors and feeding Blossom & Bubbles (the fish) and Cadbury (the rabbit) leaving the keys with my Mum and heading off to Queensland for 5 days. Of course a volcanic explosion in Chile last week put paid to that plan. We were grounded. A couple of phone calls to Jetstar and Atrium Resort and we were all sorted. Change of plans - Queensland, here we come Tuesday (hopefully).

Caulle volcanic chain near Osorno city in south-central Chile June 5, 2011.
Murduna, Tasmania. 12/6/11. Volcanic ash sunset

I love that the whole experience was dealt with calmly and with humour. In the past there would have been a great deal of angst and stress. Worry and impatience. Crabbiness and anger. Today, we knew that it would all work out, and as far as I know, it will.

After spending a very casual day hanging around the house - there wasn't much to do as we thought we'd be in Queensland. At a bit of a loss our lovely friends invited us down for a visit. They too were meant to be on the same flight as us today. A great chance for an impromptu catch up, a casual dinner, lots of laughs and fun.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."- Anais Nin

I would like to share with you a few pics of some of our dear friends. Friends come in so many shapes and forms but there is one thing they always have in common - an impact, a memory, a moment of our lives shared.

Thank you to all of our beautiful friends. Oh, and if I don't have a picture of you on here please send me one... you know how I get caught up and forget to keep taking them :)
























My Best Friend in the World EVER.


I Wish For You

Happiness. Deep down within.
Serenity. With each sunrise.
Success. In each facet of your life.
Close and caring friends.
Love. That never ends.

Special memories. Of all the yesterdays.
A bright today. With much to be thankful for.
A path. That leads to beautiful tomorrows.

Dreams. That do their best to come true.

And appreciation. Of all the wonderful things about you.

(Author Unknown)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment